Some of the best things in life are for free! Yes, the great Outdoors. Music. Fashion. Sports…Can all be yours for free, if you plan right. If you have travel plans to Europe and specifically to the City of Lights, make your Parisian adventure even more memorable by planning your trip to coincide with one of these must-experience freebie festivals. Plan right & get great deals on travel, accommodation and online foreign exchange.
- Paris Plages: Inaugurated in 2002, The Paris Plages is free summer event that metamorphoses several spots in Paris into full-fledged beaches, each boasting of a unique and distinct theme. Watch river banks along the Seine transform into chic beaches with soft sands, deck chairs and ice-cream sellers dotting its banks. There’s kayaking, evening concerts and suspended swimming pools for the adventurous. Paris Plages is a great way to cool off in the Hot summer months of Paris.
- La Fête de la Musique: What better way to celebrate the first day of Summer than with an all-day Free Music festival spread across different part of the city. Experience amateur and professional musicians get together and put on free concerts all over Paris on the 21st June. This festival spans different genres – from rock to jazz to pop, with all in between.
- Free fashion shows. A visit to Paris is incomplete without experiencing a slice of its Haute Couture. Indulge in the finest of Fashions and get up close with ‘the ramp’, all for free at the twice-weekly fashion shows (Monday and Friday at 3pm) at Galeries Lafayette. Make sure you reserve a seat in advance by email or telephone.
- La Nuit Blanche: Also called the ‘White night’, this event is an annual all-night or night-time arts festival when Paris throws open its doors for a nocturnal cultural feast. This one night a year event usually takes place every October when visitors are allowed to visit several leading museums, private + public art galleries, and other cultural institutions, and even swimming pools free of charge.
- Paris Jazz Festival: Laze about in the verdant lawns of the Parc Floral in the sprawling Bois de Vincennes and experience the best of Jazz. Held through July 26 on the grand scène (big stage) every Saturday and Sunday at 3:00 and 4:30 p.m, each year, this one of a kind jazz extravaganza is completely free of charge. The only fee is for entry into the Parc Floral, at a very reasonable price of €2.50. Visitors have the option of carrying their own food or buying it inside the grounds at one of its many stalls.
If you are travelling abroad from any of the 40 leading cities in india, you can get fantastic forex deals by ordering foreign exchange in bangalore, foreign exchange in Mumbai or other cities, early and online.